But when we have not large database and need realtime OLAP the cache becomes a wall. And we want to turn off it.
I wanted to achive it using some properties in configuration and not using any Java code.
To disable cache you should
- find file mondrian.properties (
- add the following property with true value mondrian.rolap.star.disableCaching=true
- save and restart your servlet container
There is one more option to disable the cache for separate cube only. You should set attribute cache to false for Cube element in a schema. By default it has true value.
<Cube name="SomeCube" cache="false" >
All above relates to cell cache only. It means when you disable the cache you will see realtime changes in data described as measures.
Unfortunately I have not found:
- how to disable cache for dimension's members
- how to flush cache automatically after deploying new version of schema file
Concerning the former case, as I have caught, now Modrian Cache Control API has more capabilities than Jasper Analysis uses. It provides ability to manipulate with dimension cache too.